If you’re going to use social media, make sure to use it properly. It only takes a few minutes to learn the rules. I have come up with 7 common sense Do’s and Don’t’s to get you started.
Here are the common sense 7 Do’s of Social Media:
- Be kind, respectful and treat everyone like you want to be treated.
- Treat everyone’s site as if it were an extension of their home.
- Be supportive of your “friends and followers.”
- Post a current profile photo of yourself and give some info on yourself
- As permission to post on someone else’s page.
- As for support.
- Share good things.
Here are the common sense 7 Don’ts of Social Media:
- Avoid being rude, disrespectful or idiotic.
- Refrain from fighting on someone else’s page
- Trashing someone else for their spiritual, political, or personal beliefs on their page is a no-no. They have the right to say whatever they want “on their page”.
- Over-sharing on social media is not cool. That includes drunk photos, trashing your job, trashing or gossiping about fellow employees, posting of your sexual conquests or extra added affairs. That kind over sharing can get you fired, beaten up or killed. You know who are and so does every one else. STOP The madness!
- Try not to tag everyone on your event poster, or your get-rich-quick scams.
- Leave posting for another time when you’re tired, depressed or drunk. Not only will you regret it later, it will jack up your reputation, have you trending on in the Internet, not to mention you can never take it off.
- It’s not okay to demand people follow, like you or join your group.
That’s all the common sense I have for you today. Until next time